Watch A Piece Of Chicago's Architectural History Come Tumbling DownBreaking News
tags: architecture, Chicago, Prentice Womens Hospital
The debate over Historic Prentice Women's Hospital is long over and Northwestern University is well into replacing Bertrand Goldberg's brutalist architecture and groundbreaking cantilever design with a modern research facility after architecture buffs and preservationists put up a fight to have the university reconsider demolishing the building.
So it makes sense that preservationists would document the demolition of the hospital, as the National Trust for Historic Preservation did with this timelapse video. Whether you're on the side of "progress" or "preserving history," this video is powerful, regardless, and is a stark reminder that change is constant.
comments powered by Disqus
- Navy Submarine, Missing for 75 Years, Is Found Off Okinawa
- The Battle Between NBC and CBS To Be the First To Film a Berlin Wall Tunnel Escape
- Battlefields around the world are finding new purpose as parks and refuges
- See the Mississippi River's hidden history, uncovered by lasers
- DeepMind AI Beats Human Historians at Deciphering Ancient Texts