Poll: Majority of Democrats think Obama was better president than WashingtonBreaking News
tags: George Washington, presidential rankings, Obama, presidential history
A majority of Democratic voters said former President Obama was a better leader than founding father and first president of the U.S. George Washington in a new poll.
The poll, conducted by Monmouth University, found that 63 percent of Democratic survey respondents believed that Obama was a better president than Washington. Twenty-nine percent of those polled believed that Washington beat out the 44th president.
Among all registered voters surveyed, 58 percent say Washington was a better president compared to 33 percent for Obama. Compared to Trump, Washington received 71 percent support while the president received 15 percent.
Forty-four percent of Republican voters polled said Washington was a better president than Trump, while 37 percent said Trump is better than Washington.
comments powered by Disqus
- More Than a Century Before the 19th Amendment, Women were Voting in New Jersey
- John Lewis’ Legacy: Four Southern States are Still Battling for Voter Rights
- Gillibrand Urges Removal Of Confederate Symbols At West Point
- Portraits that Honor the Men Who Participated in the 1968 Memphis Sanitation Workers Strike
- The Voting Rights Act Was Signed 55 Years Ago. Black Women Led the Movement Behind It.
- Historians Pay Tribute: ‘Today We Live In John Hume’s Ireland, And Thank God For That’
- Let Us Drink in Public
- Trump Doesn’t Understand Today’s Suburbs—And Neither Do You
- The Secret History of America’s Worthless Confederate Monuments
- It’s Time The ‘Truth Be Told’ About Black Women’s Leadership In The Fight For The Vote