The Devil and Daniel Webster
"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." – Daniel Webster (1782-1852)
comments powered by Disqus
- Why Does the U.S. Military Celebrate White Supremacy?
- Is This the End of Hong Kong?
- 'Good Bloodlines!' Trump Praises Henry Ford, Motor Pioneer whose Antisemitism was Admired by Hitler
- The Woman Behind Roe V. Wade Got Paid To Embrace Antiabortion Movement, New Documentary Reveals
- Exclusive First Look at New Photograph of Blues Legend Robert Johnson