About that Report Economic Growth
So GDP is growing at about 2 percent. (That's not the same as "the economy.") The rub is that it's driven by consumer and government spending. Real economic growth requires investment, and investment has not recovered. But private (real) investment requires savings--that is, deferred consumption. So increased consumption is not a path to economic growth. Increased sustainable consumer spending is an effect not a cause of economic growth.
comments powered by Disqus
- Navy Submarine, Missing for 75 Years, Is Found Off Okinawa
- The Battle Between NBC and CBS To Be the First To Film a Berlin Wall Tunnel Escape
- Battlefields around the world are finding new purpose as parks and refuges
- See the Mississippi River's hidden history, uncovered by lasers
- DeepMind AI Beats Human Historians at Deciphering Ancient Texts