The Koch Brothers
I have great admiration for the Koch brothers who seem to be arch villains to the academic and news media elite who spend their time relentlessly spewing out disingenuous and ultimately destructive propaganda supporting the idea that organizing principle of our society should be the use of force and coercion, the methodology of government and the condition of slavery, rather than cooperation for mutual benefit, the methodology of the free market and the condition of free men.
The liberal animosity towards the brothers exists not because the Kochs believe that government’s purpose is to impose the conservative’s vision of just and prosperous country on us but rather because they believe people should to make their own life decisions which will always have the best chance of being in the person’s own best interests. The scholarships they gave me to attend the Institute for Humane Studies summer seminars twice provided with me with far more valuable education than the years I spent pilling up student loan debt listening to the argument that more government is always the answer for everything. You see liberals and conservatives advocate this same solution but the Koch brothers advocate a different one and that is why the liberal elite is so disturbed by the prospect that that some of their control of the media (http://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2013/04/30/will-the-koch-brothers-save-los-angeles/?singlepage=true) may slip from their hands.
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel