Errors in Nancy MacLean's Democracy in Chains (Spreadsheet)
tags: Democracy in Chains,Nancy MacLean,James Buchanan,Errors
For your reference purposes, here is a spreadsheet of documented factual errors, misrepresentations of evidence, and outright fabrications in Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains."
As of right now the list stands at over 60 and is growing. Since she's back in the news with a new wave of book awards and scurrilous attacks on her critics, I figured it was time to make it sharable.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump administration says joint UNC, Duke Middle East Studies program portrays Islam too positively
- What White Kids Learn About Race in School
- Frederick Douglass photos smashed stereotypes. Could Elizabeth Warren selfies do the same?
- Chronicling New York’s Muslim History
- New Documents Illuminate The University of Texas’s Secret Strategy to Keep Out Black Students
- Women Scientists Were Written Out of History. It’s Margaret Rossiter’s Lifelong Mission to Fix That
- Allen C. Guelzo Reviews Sidney Blumenthal's Latest Installment of His Biography of Lincoln
- What Reconstruction-Era Laws Can Teach Our Democracy: The NY Times Reviews Eric Foner's Latest Book
- Should historians read their own book?
- Cokie Roberts, Pioneering Journalist Who Helped Shape NPR, Dies At 75