Join Thousands of Other HNN Readers
And Sign-up for Our FREE Newsletter!
History News Network: Where teachers-in-the-know (and hundreds of thousands of others) go to find out the history behind the stories in the news. It's free. It's timely. It's credible.
Says Eric Foner: "I find the History News Network indispensable for keeping up with new publications and new interpretations, and keeping track of debates over history, in both its academic and public forms, throughout the world."
Join HNN's growing list of members! We receive more than 10 million hits a month.
To join HNN sign up for our free newsletter!
(We do not sell, loan, or share the email addresses of subscribers.)
- Why Gen. Eisenhower Threatened to Quit Just Before D-Day
- Who Should Own Photos of Slaves? The Descendants, not Harvard, a Lawsuit Says
- No, Fox’s Katie Pavlich, the US Wasn’t the First to Abolish Slavery
- Boeing Brings 100 Years Of History To Its Fight To Restore Its Reputation
- Destroying Istanbul to 'Restore' It
- Medgar Evers' home established as a national monument in Jackson
- MIT Historian Kate Brown Alleges United Nations Scientific Cover-Up Of Death And Disease Toll From Chernobyl
- Atlanta’s Civil War Monument, Minus the Pro-Confederate Bunkum
- In the age of distraction, one small publisher keeps local history alive in sepia tones
- Historians Weigh In: Are we returning to an age of political extremes?