by Ed Simon
There is a direct ideological thread that runs from the early explorers of the Caribbean and South America and the current environmental catastrophe unfolding in the Brazilian rainforest as fire burns its way across the length of a land which was once called paradise.
The climate change that TIME in the 1980s warned might be possible has already come to pass, and the damage it causes is starkly plain.
by Steve Pyne
What does a full-blown fire age look like? We’re about to find out.
by Stephen J. Pyne
For decades it was convenient to treat those outbreaks as a freak of nature. No more.
- Navy Submarine, Missing for 75 Years, Is Found Off Okinawa
- The Battle Between NBC and CBS To Be the First To Film a Berlin Wall Tunnel Escape
- Battlefields around the world are finding new purpose as parks and refuges
- See the Mississippi River's hidden history, uncovered by lasers
- DeepMind AI Beats Human Historians at Deciphering Ancient Texts