International Womens Day
SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
Restore the Radical Origins of International Womens Day
by Tiana U. Wilson
International Women's Day didn't always center on tech executives issuing platitudes from Dubai. The needs of women today require recovering the day's roots in international labor and anticolonial movements.
SOURCE: ABC News
International Women's Day went from bloody revolution to corporate breakfasts
The radical history behind International Women's Day.
What Historians Are Tweeting: The Women Historians Who Inspire on International Women's Day
Dr. Sarah Bond (@SarahEBond) asked "How did your female mentor make a difference in your career?" Here are some of the responses.
SOURCE: History channel
The Surprising History of International Women’s Day
Wednesday’s women’s strike traces its roots to a socialist protest in 1907, but historians say the event that was said to have inspired the 1907 protest was manufactured.
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations