by Ian Millhiser
The Supreme Court could dismantle the constitutional right to an abortion, and all it has to do is sit on its hands.
SOURCE: Tom Dispatch
Professor Rebecca Gordon Pens Essay Revealing Her Abortion and Examines Ongoing History of Roe v. Wade
by Rebecca Gordon
"We’ve been going backwards on abortion access for decades. Since 1976, the Hyde Amendment has denied abortion services to women who get their health care through the federal Medicaid program, or indeed to anyone whose health insurance is federally funded."
- More Than a Century Before the 19th Amendment, Women were Voting in New Jersey
- John Lewis’ Legacy: Four Southern States are Still Battling for Voter Rights
- Gillibrand Urges Removal Of Confederate Symbols At West Point
- Portraits that Honor the Men Who Participated in the 1968 Memphis Sanitation Workers Strike
- The Voting Rights Act Was Signed 55 Years Ago. Black Women Led the Movement Behind It.
- Historians Pay Tribute: ‘Today We Live In John Hume’s Ireland, And Thank God For That’
- Let Us Drink in Public
- Trump Doesn’t Understand Today’s Suburbs—And Neither Do You
- The Secret History of America’s Worthless Confederate Monuments
- It’s Time The ‘Truth Be Told’ About Black Women’s Leadership In The Fight For The Vote