SOURCE: The New Yorker
When Eartha Kitt Disrupted the Ladies Who Lunch
In 1968, real life imitated "Batman" as the Catwoman actress broke the veneer of politeness at a luncheon hosted by Lady Bird Johnson to denounce the war against Vietnam. But while Catwoman always got away, Kitt's career was destroyed for a decade.
A Brooding, Psychotic New Joker Joins the Batman Legend
by Bruce Chadwick
Bruce Chadwick examines the history of the character of the Joker and reviews the latest film.
- O'Mara: Politics and Commercial Pressure, not ChatGPT, are the Threats
- Why are the Dems Denying DC Self-Government?
- Anastasia Curwood on Shirley Chisholm's Childhood Heroes
- After Studying Housing Discrimination, This Historian is Fighting it in Court
- How Textbook Publishers are Censoring the Story of Rosa Parks to Sell Books in Florida