The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has released its ten-year updates to its "normal" temperature standards. Based on 30 years of data, higher temperatures are indeed "the new normal."
SOURCE: New York Times
Although only a handful of specialized professionals are aware of the difference between two standard measurements of a foot, confusion among the standards has the potential to complicate architecture, meteorology, and surveying.
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel