Independent State Legislature
SOURCE: Mother Jones
SCOTUS Seems Poised to Overrule Democracy By Drawing on a Historical Forgery
In 1818, Charles Pinckney of South Carolina sent John Quincy Adams a fake document that made it look like Pinckney was a principal author of the 1787 Constitution. At the time, the ruse was rejected. Why are Supreme Court conservatives looking to this document in to justify their decisions?
SOURCE: The Atlantic
Judge Luttig: Independent State Legislature Theory is Nonsense
by J. Michael Luttig
"Such a doctrine would be antithetical to the Framers’ intent, and to the text, fundamental design, and architecture of the Constitution."
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations
- To Understand Antivaxers, Consider Aristotle