SOURCE: The Racket
by David Austin Walsh
Increasingly "respectable" conservative intellectuals are openly advocating for a dictator to enforce cultural traditionalism as part of a battle to control the politics of elite institutions.
SOURCE: Open Democracy
by Seth Thévoz
If a group of fervent young British conservatives were packed into a wood-paneled room in Westminster with the freedom to say what the pleased, what would a party-crashing historian and journalist hear?
by Jim Sleeper
Some conservatives are turning away from the idea of a government small enough to drown in a bathtub to the idea of one large enough to enforce economic, cultural and sexual orthodoxy in line with their vision of the common good. Will the midterms be their coming out party?
SOURCE: National Catholic Reporter
At one recent conference, a new conservative agenda based on an overtly religious set of moral restrictions, pronatalist public policy, opposition to globalization and attacks on "woke" was discussed.
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel