The Schlesinger Diaries—A Gift to Historians that Keeps Giving
by Rafael Medoff
The late historian's diaries highlight discrepancies between Schlesinger's public defenses of Franklin Roosevelt and his private knowledge of FDR's attitudes toward Jews and positions on the Holocaust.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
The Man with the President’s Ear, Arthur Schlesinger Jr. and JFK
by Ted Widmer
No historian has ever been as close to power as Arthur Schlesinger Jr. was to President Kennedy.
- O'Mara: Politics and Commercial Pressure, not ChatGPT, are the Threats
- Why are the Dems Denying DC Self-Government?
- Anastasia Curwood on Shirley Chisholm's Childhood Heroes
- After Studying Housing Discrimination, This Historian is Fighting it in Court
- How Textbook Publishers are Censoring the Story of Rosa Parks to Sell Books in Florida