At first, the couple who discovered the pair of cannonballs thought they’d simply stumbled upon a rock.
SOURCE: Texas Observer
The Houston Flood Museum and the Harvey Memories Project Gather Harvey Memories for Historians of the Future
They’re a time capsule of the destruction wrought by the deadliest storm to hit Texas since 1919.
The site was recently listed as part of the NPS’ Underground Railroad Network to Freedom.
SOURCE: Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media
The Hurricane Digital Memory Bank (HDMB) played an important role in documenting the stories of individuals, and offered a non-commercial digital space to collect photographs, audio diaries, or digital video that would be cared for as a digital collection.
by Mark Cave
Oral histories with responders gives us a new perspective on the disaster.
- Navy Submarine, Missing for 75 Years, Is Found Off Okinawa
- The Battle Between NBC and CBS To Be the First To Film a Berlin Wall Tunnel Escape
- Battlefields around the world are finding new purpose as parks and refuges
- See the Mississippi River's hidden history, uncovered by lasers
- DeepMind AI Beats Human Historians at Deciphering Ancient Texts