HNN depends on the generosity of its community of readers. If you enjoy HNN and value our work to put the news in historical perspective, please consider making a donation today!
HNN provides multiple ways to make a donation.
REMEMBER, HNN is now a project of the History Department at the George Washington University, so your contribution will be directed to HNN through GWU.
Give securely online.
Click HERE and the link will take you to the GWU History Department donation page. On the donation page, click the blue "View all gift options" button.
In the drop-down menu select "Direct my gift to:" and select "History News Network."
Then click the blue button that says "Next: Gift Details" and fill out the requested fields. Designate your gift amount, and whether you want to make a recurring or one-time gift to HNN. Follow the final steps to complete your donation.
Or, mail your check. Make the check out to The George Washington University. Please put "History Department--HNN" in the memo line. Send to:
The George Washington University
PO Box 98131
Washington, DC 20077-9756
Or, contribute by phone by calling the GW Annual Fund at 1-844-574-4483. You may provide your gift information on a secure voicemail box.
"I find the History News Network indispensable for keeping up with new publications and new interpretations, and keeping track of debates over history, in both its academic and public forms, throughout the world." — Eric Foner
"As its wide coverage and its impressive numbers of hits-per-week indicate, HNN has become the most important -- and reliable -- source for fresh historical interpretation and, of special note, for the understanding of current events placed, often provocatively, in their historical contexts." — Walter LaFeber
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time